American Specialty Health, Inc. is seeking a Social Media & Public Relations Intern to join our Marketing department. This position will support a fast-paced Public Relations/Social Media team in the Marketing department by providing support for our company’s social presence as well as other assigned functions as needed. This position will be responsible for working with the team on social media content, content calendars, PR website newsroom strategies, brainstorming new strategies for content management, and other creative and operational efficiencies.
You are invited to learn more about American Specialty Health’s events on our events page.
If interested in this position, please apply here.
- Assists PR/Social team with various projects as assigned. Ensures accuracy and productivity in project completion and works cooperatively with all internal and external contacts. Achieves and exceeds company standards.
- Helps the team outreach to and engage with our network of fitness clubs to increase social media mentions and engagement.
- Assists the team in updating its ASHcompanies.com PR Newsroom according to an existing plan that needs resource support.
- Works closely with team to develop social media tactics that dovetail with our marketing and PR campaigns.
- Assists in developing social media posts for each product line and assists in the scheduling of posts.
- Helps to monitor social media mentions about the company and products.
- Helps to research health and wellness, nutrition and other news articles and images on a daily basis and supports the team in creating timely comments and links.
- Assists in creating new ideas for engaging and fun social media contests, campaigns, etc., as appropriate to support internal and external customers.
- Flags social media trends and recommends new ideas, channels, blogs and opportunities.
- Assists team with budget support, including providing billing support tracking.
- Assists team with entering PR/Social national awards, contests etc.
- Assists team with monthly marketing report.
- Supports Marketing functions with other administrative departments to ensure efficient and effective team work is maintained within the organization.
- College courses completed, or equivalent experience in business or health care field preferred. If equivalent experience, high school diploma required.
- One year minimum experience working in a business setting, such as a PR or creative agency, or a corporate environment.
- Proficient in MS Office, Outlook, and Internet search. Outlook experience preferred.
- Experience with social media channels: LinkedIn, Facebook; Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest required; experience with social media scheduling and monitoring tools, such as Hootsuite, preferred.
- Experience with social community management on the above listed channels, including content calendar planning and analytics preferred.
- Experience in public relations, such as the writing of press releases and coordinated social media posts preferred.
- Experience with PR scheduling tools such as Cision, PR Newswire a plus.
- Demonstrated writing proficiency, communication, organizational skills and attention to detail.