SDX was created to provide inspiration and connections to best in class content, programs and people, to move companies, individuals, and the San Diego marketing industry forward. We are a non-profit organization with a mission to energize the local community and are looking for a vibrant lead of our organization as we push into a new era.
Our new Marketing Director needs to have the flair and precision of a Musical Conductor, the organization skills of Marie Kondo, the articulation of keynote speaker, and all of that needs to be combined with the drive and energy of a long-distance runner. The role needs a little of everything that would have learned in your five to seven years of experience.
Right now SDX is a small team so the successful candidate will be willing to role their sleeves up and be a doer, while helping work with the Presidents and Board to set the vision and strategy.
If you have a passion for marketing brilliance, if you never accept second best, and most of all if you have an ambition for the San Diego market to be the best it can be, then you should apply.
All interested candidates should apply with a resume to email@example.com.
WHAT DOES THE ROLE INVOLVE?
There are four elements that this role can be summarized into:
1. Vision & Strategy
- Annual and quarterly strategic planning
- Monitoring KPIs and analysis of results to make informed recommendations anddecisions on action
- Meeting with members and potential members to grow the SDX organizationand ensure we are representing the needs of the market
- Working with the Membership committee to set the right structures and own successful retention of existing members, as well as recruitment of new
- Owning CRM strategy across all channels
- Day-to-day management of Social channels
- Writing, and building of effective email communications
3. Event Planning
- Main point of contact for annual local awards program (Nov - Mar)
- Main point of contact for Interactive Day San Diego (May)
- Run approx 1 - 3 monthly member events across multiple locations and topics, working with Inspire Series committee
- Run and own social events as needed (Summer Mixer and December Mingle Bells)
- Own and run P&L
- Ensure all vendors are paid on-time, and that SDX has all income paid
- Respond to ad-hoc requests as needed
- Run monthly board meetings
- Management of additional resources as neededEveryday will offer new challenges, and so the successful candidate should thrive in new and unknown situations.
- Understanding of the San Diego marketing community diversity (agencies, brands, affiliates)
- Proven track record of planning successful events (small, medium and large)including ticket sales, sponsorship and logistics
- Ability to act independently, to have ideas and be able to articulate and execute without day-to-day direction
- Effective communication skills to deal with a wide variety of audiences, senior to entry level, and across diverse industries and organizations
- Strong editorial skills to write and direct teams where necessary
- Ability to negotiate with affiliates and members to get the maximum value for SDX as a non-profit organization
- Experience with managing, and owning budgets, preferably a P&L and understanding of daily accounting
- Photoshop and WordPress skills are a bonus
- Management experience with the ability to manage upwards, as well as with outside partners