The San Diego Aviators is one of the eight World TeamTennis franchises. World TeamTennis (WTT) showcases the best in professional tennis with the innovative team format co-founded by Billie Jean King in the 1970s. Recognized as the leader in professional team tennis competition, WTT features many of the world’s best players competing annually for the King Trophy, the League's championship trophy named after King.
The 2019 Season runs July 14th to August 4th. We are looking for a creative, resourceful and tech-savvy Social Media Associate to join our team to support our communications effort across all platforms to:
- promote the upcoming season
- promote ticket sales
- track our players and post updates
- keep our fans up-to-date
- generate new fans
- sell Aviator merchandise
This seven-month role (Feb to Aug) will prepare the selected individual for a career in event and sporting sales.
This entry-level position will be paid an hourly rate.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
Build brand awareness through Instagram, Youtube, Twitter & Facebook and other appropriate social media sites (“Outlets”)
- Manage Aviator’s weekly e-newsletter to our database of over 6,000 people
- Create social media content with the goal of fan engagement. Posts should include a call to action.
- Collect ideas for campaigns and branding from Aviator Management and Movetic (Aviator Branding Agency).
- Develop a weekly campaign calendar of posts to increase fan engagement and drive Brand Awareness and Ticket Sales. Calendar to support consistent messaging each week and should be planned 2-3 weeks in advance in order to allow for creation time.
- Coordinate fulfillment for social media contests and sweepstakes.
- Work with other key marketing team members for ideas and implementation: DJ Danny, Benny Ricardo, Joe Cipriano, and Deanna Murphy.
- Coordinate posts with other marketing efforts for consistent messaging across all channels: email, website, print, tv, radio, etc.
- Attend each home match and Live tweet and story during home matches and local events.
- Post updates to Aviator’s General Manager Linkedin Page
- Provide weekly report to Aviator Management by Friday Afternoon to include: Campaign calendar for the following week and metrics / analytics for the current week
Schedule Of Work:
The Project will commence on February 25, 2019 and is expected to be completed August 10, 2019.
Anticipated Hours: Off-season: 20 Hours/Week Season: 25 Hours/Week.
Hours greater than 25 hours/week need to be pre-approved.
Fees And Reimbursement: $20/hour
If interested, please reach out with your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org