Reports to: Marketing Operations Manager
We are looking for a passionate promoter that can dive into any industry category with a will-do/want-to-attitude to help our clients achieve the most exposure and engagement possible. We cover it all from health, finance, energy, and real estate to economic development, hospitality and transportation. We are do-gooders and so are our clients. If there is a fire in your belly to promote and you have the experience to back it, please submit a cover letter and resume.
Summary of Responsibilities:
The PR & Communications Coordinator will help develop and implement comprehensive marketing plans that integrate and communicate all print, web, media, and event efforts of agency client brands and special events to increase consumer engagement.
The PR & Communications Coordinator will help with client campaigns with all marketing aspects of clients’ public relations, social media, and marketing content including, but not limited to, creating and writing news releases, crafting unique pitches, and monitoring media coverage. It also includes the coordination of marketing content for websites, newsletters, marketing materials, proposals, blogs, social media posts, and coordination of all aspects of client branding through logo use and copywriting guidelines for marketing materials. This role interacts with the agency President, Marketing Operations Manager, Marketing and Events Specialist and graphic designers to ensure campaign milestones and deadlines are met.
- Coordinates marketing campaigns for multiple projects with accounts.
- Maintains necessary work flow to meets schedules, timelines and deliverables for projects with these accounts.
- Identifies, creates and proposes original client stories (and other special assignments) to the media to help promote general awareness of their respective product, service, or campaign.
- Coordinates content collection, copywriting, editing and working with the company’s designer to create with unique themes for each client. This position is generally tasked with the entire creative and content process for particular clients.
- Develops original story ideas, press materials and pitches. Works with President for approvals to distribute the content generated.
- Develops all pitches for media, create all content and layout strategy.
- Provides final review and editing of copy for all created marketing materials.
- Supports content and proposal layouts to request for proposals and requests for qualifications and final review of request for proposals and requests for qualifications.
- Creates imaginative PR, communication and social media tactics and strategies for client accounts and implements accordingly.
- Maintains an up-to-date understanding of client industry jargon, statistics, current events, and trends in order to generate original and creative works based the client’s individualized needs. Industry categories may include, but are not limited to hospitality, commercial and residential real estate, financial, health and human services, and transportation. Prepare performance data analytics on a weekly basis, identify trends, and research content opportunities.
- Contributes to team think tank sessions for client brand strategies, PR and advertising strategies and promotional ideas.
- Monitors social media accounts for content and engagement opportunities.
- Coordinates with agency graphic designer to ensure consistency, attention-grabbing content and visual excellence for client materials and ads.
- Cultivates and maintain agency relationships with media both traditional and new media by: positioning clients as credible sources in their respective industry through local, regional and national marketing; developing strategies to engage with the media to be responsive for media coverage; and writing pitches and press releases to support client positioning as an expert for campaign at hand.
- Engages in community outreach at client outreach events, utilizing the creative marketing content created for the client to educate attendees about the client’s unique products, services and promotions.
- Uses creativity and imagination to field media inquiries and present proposed responses to clients in a manner that highlights original client stories and promotes general awareness of their respective product, service, or campaign.
- Monitors client press events and supervise event logistics and media relations.
- Maintains Brown Marketing Strategies’ reputation with clients and vendors in an upbeat, friendly, customer service driven attitude.
- This position requires occasional weekend and evening work as necessitated by our business needs or our clients’ business needs.
- Other assigned duties as assigned.
Excellent, imaginative writing and speaking skills, communication and interpersonal skills, organized, deadline-oriented, creative, and the ability to work as a team, be flexible and have a positive outlook. Strong desire to learn processes and technologies.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint software.
- Experience utilizing Basecamp or other project management software.
- Familiarity with social media platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, LinkedIn, and any new social media platforms.
- Familiarity with survey data analysis using tools such as survey monkey, constant contact, etc.
- Experience using Google Analytics or other web-based analytics software.
- Experience using WordPress or other web-based, CMS software, and Adobe InDesign preferred.
A 4-year College Degree in marketing, communications, journalism or other related field strongly preferred. A minimum of 2 years’ experience in communications, journalism paid and earned traditional and digital media, social media, web content and email marketing.
TO APPLY: email resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org