Bigger challenges. Bolder ideas. Global impact. At Viasat, we’re on a mission to deliver connections with the capacity to change the world. We’re the company behind the world’s fastest satellite internet service, with technology that’s helping to bridge the digital divide and improve life for our customers around the globe. By providing powerful new ways for people to connect with one another, gain greater access to education, entertainment, medical research, commerce, and much more, our team is empowering millions of customers worldwide.
We’re growing rapidly and looking for passionate, innovative professionals to join our team and connect the world to more. You’ll work in a collaborative and inclusive environment that values diverse perspectives and continuous learning, and provides industry-leading benefits with unmatched opportunities for career growth. Our team is fearless in pursuit of new ideas and uncompromising in our quest to become the world’s first truly global Internet Service Provider. Interested in joining our mission? Take a look at career opportunities at Viasat today.
The In-House Creative agency at Viasat is comprised of graphic designers, writers, web developers, motion graphic artists, video editors, and project managers. We create everything from websites to events to TV advertising. Our team strives for excellence in craft and we strive to create work that can go head to head with design and advertising agencies. We support a diverse organization with marketing materials to a wide variety of audiences, including multinational commercial airlines, individual home satellite internet users, and large government and defense clients. Our goal being to establish Viasat as the premier satellite internet provider in the world, as well as representing the brand in our other areas of business. It’s never boring and the work is challenging (in a good way).
Viasat is seeking a creative professional with a writing and editing background in advertising and marketing to join our team as a Copywriter. This position will report directly to our Creative Director to bring the Viasat brand to life with a distinct voice that celebrates the technology we deliver to consumer, corporate, and government customers around the world. The work will include websites, filmic content, radio, print and digital advertising, naming of products, and themes for events. If you’ve been looking for an opportunity to stretch your creative skills and work with a smart, ambitious company, we just might have the job for you.
The ideal candidate will possess the below writing skills:
Please submit a link to your website of projects you have worked on, managed, and helped create. If you don’t have produced creative samples, you will not be considered for this position.
• Experience creating advertising and communications that has delivered measurable results
• Strong conceptual skills working with Art Directors and Designers as well as on your own
• The ability to craft the perfect ten-word headline, and then edit it down to only five
• An instinct for writing subject lines that get people to open emails
• The talent to craft effective advertising that makes the audience take action: visit our website, call us, buy our service, love us long time
• Editing skills to maintain a consistent brand voice across marketing tactics,
modulating the tone for different audiences
• The knack for transforming a gallon of jargon into a shot glass of genius
• Experience naming products and services within a brand framework
• Experience developing content for the web: everything from SEO content to button labels.
• The ability to critique good creative work from others and make it better
• The knack for fearlessly venturing forward into unknown territory to create communications
even when you don’t have all the details
• A deathly allergic reaction to all things boring
• Advertising agency experience
• 3+ years working at an In-House Creative team or ad agency
• Ability to plan and execute multiple projects in a fast-paced environment
• Proven ability to manage and track cross functional projects.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• BS/BA Degree
• US Citizenship or Permanent Resident Status
To learn more about this site and other office locations, please click here!
BA/BS or equivalent experience
Years of experience:
Up to 25%
US Citizenship or Permanent Resident Status required